Saturday 17 September 2011

The first time is always the hardest.

I've been meaning to do the first blog proper on here for some time. When I set up this whole bloggy side of the Aural Sects online dominion I decided first and foremost it wouldn't be used as simply a promotional tool disguised as a blog, because who wants to read that shit?

The problem was, however, finding a topic to blog about first, because it would pretty much define things as how I meant to go on. Let me share the Original Grand Vision I had; this blog was to be the first dedicated Witch House and related scenes blog I've come across that was more than just a tumblr page. I also wanted to use the fact that we're in a scene to announce who we like and who's releasing what - even when they're not on our label - which is pretty unusual as far as I'm aware. Thing is, I love these bastards, and I love the music they make, regardless of who they release with. I just want to share the magic and wonderment of the music, you dig?

HOWEVER it'd be pointless to just post a "best ov witchy haus and uvvers" with you, because quite frankly I'd be preaching to the converted (I still really want to do that, just not here). So... unless I have URGENT PRESSING NEWS1!!!!!!1!! when what the fuck do I post about?

Well luckily, this first time, a manifesto for shit to come.
1) Proper blog posts will always try and keep informed about the day-to-day shit about running a label and blog and turning it from a musical collective to an actual label,
2) Post weird ideas (usually mine) about experiments in the digital era, in releasing and performing music... on a budget (because we're mostly skint, and for the moment we don't take any money, let alone profit),
3) Give you a mini-playlist of what we like, and are listening to currently, regardless of genre,
4) Ask for any form of feedback. I want to make running this label as interactive as possible.

So, we start here. I'll give you a run-down of what I've been listening to, with embeds...

Destroy Beautiful Things - Symbion Project x § by Silver Strain




BREED by CRIM3S

Nine Inch Nails - Terrible Lie (CØFFIN Raveyard edit) by CØFFIN


SaAaAaVemEe by S4NtA_Mu3rTE

M¥rrĦ Ka Ba - G666 (ìηdíca☤d℄℄per edit) by M¥rrĦ Ka Ba

Mater Suspiria Vision - Das Haus Der Hexe (Modern S†alkings Hexensabbat Vocal Remix ) by Modern S†alking



OK that's enough Aural Spam for you. Let me know if I did OK, K? The first time is always hardest...

- .Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment